Attorneys & Staff
Kenneth Zigler, Jr.Of Counsel, practicing in Family Law Litigation, Divorce, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) and SSI benefits, and Lawsuits and Disputes including Personal Injury
Honored as one of the area's 2016 "Top Lawyers" in the Spokane Couer d'Alene Living Magazine.
Ken Zigler joined Burke Law Group in October 2014.
Areas of Emphasis:
- Dissolution of marriage
- Child Custody, parenting plans, and residential schedules
- Child and Spousal Support
- Step-parent adoption
- Third-party custody
- Enforcement of court orders
- Child relocation
- Cases involving the Hague Convention on the International Aspect of Child Abduction
Social Security Law
- Lawsuits and Disputes
Admitted to Practice:
- State of Washington
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- Spokane Falls Community College, A.A.
- Gonzaga University, B.A., Criminal Justice
- Western New England School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Washington State Bar Association, Board of Bar Examiners (2010 to present)
- Hague Convention Attorney Network (2013 to present)
- Union Gospel Mission Legal Clinic, Volunteer (2013 to present)
- Western New England Law Review (2007 to 2008)
- Spokane County Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division Treasurer/Trustee (2010 to 2012)
- Listed in Spokane/Coeur D’ Alene Living Magazine’s “Top Lawyers” issue in 2012, 2013, and 2104
- Wrote the Washington State Bar Association's bar exam research materials in Community Property and Domestic Partnerships
Attorney Ken Zigler practices primarily family and divorce law, but also practices general litigation and social security law. He is a long-time resident of Spokane County, with roots in Nine Mile Falls, WA. Mr. Zigler spends his free time as a youth soccer coach, avid runner, and water-sports enthusiast.
Mr. Zigler attended Spokane Falls Community College and transferred to Gonzaga University his Junior year. After completing a bachelor’s degree at Gonzaga, Mr. Zigler was offered an academic-merit scholarship at Western New England School of Law in Massachusetts. At Western New England School of Law, Mr. Zigler won numerous awards, was part of the University’s flagship law review publication, participated in two legal clinics, was an intern with the Massachusetts District Court, worked part-time at a large personal injury firm, and graduated cum laude in the top 10% of his class.
Since returning to Washington, Mr. Zigler has established himself as an involved member of the community. He is in his second term on the Board of Bar Examiners, tasked with writing materials and questions for the bar exam, and grading answers. He also enjoys contributing to the community-at-large, having coordinated the First Responder’s Will Clinic for police officers and fire fighters in 2012 and volunteering to assist homeless men and women at the Union Gospel Mission’s legal clinic.
- Divorce (Marital Dissolution)
- Traditional Family Law
- Legal Separation
- Relationships Outside of Marriage
- Disability and Injury Claims, including SSDI and SSI
- Child Support
- Parenting Plan
- Relocation of Parent
- Child Custody
- Third Party (Non-Parent) Custody